Kerala boy dies from rare brain-eating amoeba

Kerala boy dies from a rare brain-eating amoeba. On Friday, Kerala State Health Minister Veena George announced that a youngster in Alappuzha had died. It is from a rare brain infection caused by free-living amoebas in unclean water.
The 15-year-old boy from nearby Panavalli in Alappuzha was sick with primary amoebic meningoencephalitis. The minister confirmed that the boy had died by saying that five other cases of this rare sickness had been reported in the State before.
She said the first one was reported in 2016 in the Alappuzha ward of Thirumala. Kozhikode, Thrissur, and Malappuram each had one instance in 2020 and 22.

All things about Life Insurence – Click Here

Kerala boy dies from rare brain-eating amoeba

The main signs of the sickness are fever, headache, vomiting, and seizures.

“All the patients who were infected had died,” George said, adding that the rare brain-eating amoeba illness had a 100% death rate.

She said the free-living amoebae that cause the sickness can be found in still water.
Doctors say that the free-living, non-parasitic, brain-eating amoeba bacteria enter the body through the nose and attack the brain. Because the disease is so dangerous, health officials have told people not to take dips in dirty water.

Leave a Comment

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker

Refresh Page